Monday, November 26, 2007

Peppermint Swap {SIWL Ornament Swap}

Deb Damboise of Say It With Letters is hosting a fun ornament swap called Peppermint Swap. For my ornaments, I decided to try a technique that I have never done before. I don't know the name of this technique, but you simply take little squares of fabric and fold them to create little triangles and then you attach them to create different patterns. Instead of using fabric, I decided to use some patterned paper. In keeping with the peppermint theme, I choose two different floral papers by Anna Griffin that had some red and white in it, and some red paper by SandyLion and to tie the colors together I choose some beige paper by Making Memories. Here is a peek at my ornaments:


I found the whole process of making these ornaments really relaxing, even though they were a little time consuming. I really like they way they turned out; I only hope my swappers like them too. Thanks Deb for hosting such a fun swap!!

Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!!

6 comments:

deb said...

Sara.. these are stunning! They do look time consuming but the finished creation is gorgeous. I hope you made an extra for yourself :)

marcibun said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous! I can't wait to get mine. The one I made for you pales in comparison, but I hope you like it.

Danielle Flanders said...

WOW!! These are so amazing, Sara!!!

DeeDee said...

WOW! What a piece of art.....gorgeous Sara!

Anonymous said...

Sara, what a gorgeous ornament! WOW! I have seen those types of ornaments before but yours is oh so pretty...and i love the ribbon topper. Totally pretty. thanks for sharing. should i admit i am jealous of the swappers? hee hee
hugs! Sonda

Lisa said...

Sara, these are so pretty. I really love them, only wish I was in the swap too.